TYRE SAFETY MONTH
A study conducted by TyreSafe* revealed Britain’s motorists could be spending up to £600 million on unnecessary fuel bills. Research** suggests as many as 57% of car and van tyres on the roads are being driven below recommended inflation pressures, increasing vehicles’ fuel consumption and the risk of being involved in an incident.
Checking your tyre pressures is quick and easy.
We will be happy to do this for you FREE OF CHARGE,
but if you’d rather do this yourself, you’ll need to follow a few simple rules...
• Check your pressures when the tyres are cold, i.e. you’ve driven less than a couple of miles.
• Use an accurate and reliable pressure gauge.
• Check your pressures against the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended settings.
• Check the pressure in all four tyres and don’t forget the spare if your car has one.
• Give each tyre a visual inspection to ensure it is in good condition, without bulges, lumps or cuts.
• Replace the valve caps after checking the tyre pressures.
THE BENEFITS OF CORRECT AIR PRESSURE
Your tyres last longer:
If you drive with tyres which are underinflated by 20% they might only achieve 80% of their optimal life span, meaning you’ll need to change them more regularly.
Your fuel goes further:
When your tyres are underinflated by just 20% (around 6psi) 3% more fuel is used, adding unnecessary expense to your motoring bills.
Improved handling and braking:
If your pressures are correct your vehicle will be easier to control, making you less likely to be involved in an incident.
You’ll improve your safety and reduce the risks on the road:
On average, 1100 casualties a year result from incidents where illegal, defective or underinflated.
To find out more, call Robert our Kwik-Fit Tyre Specialist today
on (028) 8225 1515 to find out more!